Your Class Schedule: From PASS to Zimbra!
Posted: 07:24:08, Wednesday, Jul 31, 2013 Expiration: 06:30:00, Monday, Sep 30, 2013
Getting your class schedule from PASS into a Zimbra calendar is now just a few clicks away. The PASS team has built functionality that allows a faculty member or student to create an iCal from his/her schedule in PASS and send it via e-mail to his/her Zimbra account, where it can then be imported to a new Zimbra calendar. This process greatly reduces the amount of time needed to set up recurring classes in Zimbra.
A few things to note before getting started:
- This process does not result in a “live” sync; meaning, if you change your schedule in PASS, the change will not be reflected in Zimbra automatically. You may handle changes in one of two ways:
- For minor changes, go to Zimbra and delete or add a course to the new calendar as usual.
- For major changes, go to Zimbra and delete the new calendar (right click on the calendar name in the left margin; click Delete) and repeat the entire process from PASS.
- You will need to repeat the process after each new registration period (November and April).
- The system will copy your calendar from the week displayed and everything going forward. For example, if you have summer and fall classes, and you open your PASS schedule in the summer term, your schedules for summer and fall will populate in Zimbra. If you open PASS in your fall schedule, only the fall schedule will populate. If you attempt to create the iCal from a term in which there are no classes, you will receive a message saying there is no information. Simply arrow forward to a week with classes, and try again.
Directions for creating an iCal from your course schedule in PASS and sending it to Zimbra can be found in the KnowlegeBase. These articles are Zimbra - Importing class schedule from PASS to Zimbra calendar (student) and Zimbra - Importing class schedule from PASS to Zimbra calendar (faculty/instructor) If you have questions, please contact the OIT Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributed by PASS Developer Sam Hyatt and PASS Security Administrator Luke Korzeniewski
-- UW Platteville: Nathan Manwiller
Created: 06:27:21, Tuesday, Jul 30, 2013 (by MANWILLN)
Updated: 07:53:19, Thursday, Sep 5, 2013 (by MANWILLN)