Topics Map > Wireless
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Windows
Wireless - How to Connect to UWPlatt wireless on Windows XP
How to connect the Windows XP Operating System to the campus UWPlatt wireless network.
- From the Windows XP Start Menu, open Network Connections: Start>Programs>Accessories>Communications>Network Connections.
- From the Network Connections, right click Wireless Network Connection and select Properties.
- Select the Wireless Networks tab from the Wireless Network Connection Properties window. In the Preferred networks section, click the Add button.
- On the Wireless network properties "Association" tab, supply the following...
Box A: Network name (SSID): UWPlatt
Box B: Network Authentication: WPA2
Box C: Data encryption: AES
- Switch to the "Authentication" tab (A in figure below) of the Wireless network properties window and verify the following:
Box B: EAP Type: Protected EAP (PEAP)
Box C: Both "Authenticate as..." options are disabled.
Click "Properties" (D in the figure below)
- On the Protected EAP Properties window, verify the following:
Box A: Validate server certificate: Disabled
Box B: Select Authentication Method: Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
Click "Configure" (C in the figure below)
- On the EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties window, verify the following:
Box A - Automatically use my Windows logon name and password "disabled"
Click "OK" (B in the figure below)
- When prompted to Enter Credentials, supply your username and password to complete the connection.
Box A: Username - your UW-Platteville NetID
Box B: Password - your UW-Platteville password
The logon domain text box should be blank. Click "OK" to connect.