Topics Map > Wireless
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Mac OS X
Wireless - Connect to UWPlatt wireless on Mac OS X
How to connect a Mac OSX device to the UWPlatt wireless network.
- Open System Preferences and select "Network" from the "Internet & Wireless" section.
- Verify that AirPort (wireless) is enabled and click Network Name drop-down to view available wireless networks. Select UWPlatt from the list of available networks.
- Since UWPlatt is a secure wireless network, a username and password is required to connect.
Username: Your UW-Platteville NetID
Password: Your UW-Platteville password
- Since UWPlatt is an encrypted wireless network, a certificate warning box will appear. Click "Continue" to accept the rad1.ion.uwplatt.edu server certificate and continue connecting to UWPlatt.
- You may be prompted to change the Certificate Trust Settings of the Mac computer. If so, provide the credentials of an administrator account on your Mac computer.
Name: Your Mac Administrator account name
Password: Your Mac Administrator account password