PASS CX - How to Use Schedule Builder - In-App Registration (student)
New for Fall 2019 Registration - Schedule Builder is a tool accessible within PASS which allows students and/or advisers to create a schedule of classes for a specific term. With Schedule Builder, students may factor in obligations such as work or practice and generate various schedules from which to choose.
1. Log into PASS CX.
2. On the PASS CX Dashboard, select Enrollment.
4. Schedule Builder will open in a new tab.
6. You must choose one campus. Click Save and Continue.
Note: For additional assistance with Schedule Builder, click Help Videos in the upper right.
8. To select desired courses, click Add Course.
a. Search by Subject & Course: Click on the By Subject tab, select a Subject, select a course, click Add Course.
b. Search by Course Attribute: Select a General Education Attribute, Subject and Course. Click Add Course.
c. Search by Course Number: Choose a filter, then a course number. Click Search to see a list of courses that meet that criteria, then Add Course.
d. My Planner: Select course(s) from My Planner Courses, click Add Course.
e. Review the right side of the Add Course Page to see the courses just added, your current schedule and what's in your shopping cart. Courses can be deleted from this list with the X on the right.
f. After adding all of the courses, click Back to return to your Schedule Builder homepage.
9. To block off time in which you cannot attend class (i.e. for work or practice), click Add Break.
Give the break a name, select start/end times, select days, and click Add Break.
Repeat this process as necessary.
10. When courses are chosen and breaks are entered, you are ready to Generate Schedules. A list of possible schedules will appear.
11. To view an individual schedule, click View to open in full view or hover your cursor over the magnifying glass to see a pop-up.
To compare multiple schedules simultaneously, select the checkbox of up to four (4) schedules, and click Compare.
12. When you find a schedule that works, click View click Send Schedule to Shopping Cart to begin registration. Close the Schedule Builder tab.
13. If you have a variable credit course you are sending to your cart, you will get an intermediate page asking for the credit amount. Select the appropriate number from the dropdown and click Finish. You may edit this credit amount after registration by going to your current schedule in PASS or Schedule builder using the Edit Feature. (Being able to edit follows normal add deadlines.)
- Plan Schedule - Returns to the Add Courses and Breaks page
- Shopping Cart - Brings you back to your shopping cart where courses may now be edited or deleted within the cart.
- Current Schedule - Brings you to your current schedule where you may not edit or drop a course. For instance, dropping here follows the academic calendar, so you may drop to 0 up until the end of the business day before the start of term.