Topics Map > Campus Services
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software
Zoom - Class setup for Zoom HIPAA Accounts
Guide for hosting a Zoom class when you are in the HIPAA Sub-account
Due to being part of the Zoom HIPAA Sub-account, you will not be able to use the Canvas / Zoom LTI integration for your course. You will also not be able to record your class meetings to the cloud within Zoom. The following instructions will provide information for how to set up your
1. Schedule your course meeting through uwplatt.zoom.us
2. Copy and paste your meeting link in Canvas to an announcement / page. This is where you will direct your students.
3. You can add a calendar event for the course. See instructions here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12797-415241296
4. Cloud recording is disabled in the HIPAA Sub-account. When you start your video conference for class, you will need to manually start recording your class locally.
5. Once you have recorded your class, you will need to upload the file to MyMedia. See instructions here: Kaltura (Canvas) - Uploading Videos
6. You can then embed your video into your course. See instructions here: MyMedia in Canvas - Embedding a video in your course
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.