Topics Map > Campus Services > Web
SharePoint: Creating and managing anonymous document links for the external website
In order to share a document from our internal SharePoint site to the external website (www.uwplatt.edu), you must create an anonymous link for the document. You will then work with Marketing to post the link to the external site (also known as WWW).
NOTE: For instructions on how to upload a document to SharePoint, visit Microsoft Support at https://go.uwplatt.edu/upload-to-sharepoint
If you need to update the document related to an existing anonymous link, skip to that section here.
To create an anonymous link from your site in SharePoint Campus Hub1. Navigate to your area's homepage in SharePoint Online at https://uwplatt.sharepoint.com
5. Hover your cursor over desired document, and a Share icon will be displayed. Click the Share icon.
7. Click Copy Link button at the bottom of the Share screen to copy the anonymous link. You will provide this link to Marketing in Step 8.
If you are updating a document created with an Office application (EX: Word, Excel, or PowerPoint), follow these steps:
If you are updating a PDF, follow these steps:
- download the PDF from SharePoint, make changes, and re-upload to the same location using the exact same document title. You will be asked to replace the existing document. Click Add File.
- OR open a doc with the exact same title from another source (such as SHARED1), make changes, and upload to the same SharePoint location. You will be asked to replace the existing document. Click Add File.
3. If so, then you have successfully updated the PDF document. The link on the external (WWW) webpage will display the newest version of this file.