Doudna 136 - Hybrid Teaching Operations Guide
A guide to using Doudna 136 for your hybrid class.
Please use the provided disinfectant to clean the teacher station
and computer keyboard prior to use.
This room is capable of both in person and remote learning. You can use the video sources you would normally use in person for remote instruction. Follow the instructions below to initiate a Zoom conference.
1) Log into the desktop computer and start your Zoom meeting.
2) Press “Audio-Visual Presentation or Recording Mode” on the desktop touch panel to start the audiovisual presentation equipment.
3) Retrieve a wireless lapel or handheld microphone from the drawer in the equipment rack and turn it on.
4) Unmute the “Mic Volume” and Device Volume” controls on the desktop touch panel (flashing red = muted, solid grey = unmuted).
5) On the desktop touch panel, press “Instructor Camera Startup” button to turn on the room’s built-in camera.
6) Select the video source you would like to share with your in-person and remote students. You will select “Instructor Computer” to share computer content as well as the document camera both locally and in Zoom.
TO SHARE COMPUTER CONTENT (such as Powerpoint) with in-person and remote students simultaneously:
1) In Zoom, click the “Share Screen” button and select “Desktop” to share the computer screen. You may now launch any content you would like to show to in-person and remote students.
TO SHARE THE DOCUMENT CAMERA with in-person and remote students simultaneously:
1) Turn the document camera on (either press the “POWER” button on the document camera or simply raise the arm of the document camera).
2) In Zoom, click the “Share Screen” button.
3) Click the “Advanced” tab in the dialogue box and select “Share Content From 2nd Camera” and click “OK”.
TO SHARE HANDWRITING VIA THE WACOM GRAPHICS TABLET:
1) In Zoom, click the “Share Screen” button.
2) Select “Whiteboard” in the dialogue box.
3) Use the stylus to write on the Wacom Graphics Tablet screen.
If REMOTE STUDENTS CAN’T HEAR You…
- In Zoom, open the microphone menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that “Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (3 – Extron MediaPort200 Speakerphone)” is selected as the microphone source.
If YOU CAN’T HEAR Remote Students…
- In Zoom, open the microphone menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that “Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (3 – Extron MediaPort200 Speakerphone)” is selected as the speaker source.
- Use the volume knob on the desktop control box to turn the volume of the in-room speakers up.
- Ensure that the computer volume is not muted/turned down (click the speaker icon in the lower right corner of the screen).
If REMOTE STUDENTS CAN’T SEE You…
- In Zoom, open the video menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that “Extron MediaPort200” is selected as video source.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.