Topics Map > Campus Services > Classroom Technologies
Doudna 148 - Hybrid Teaching Operations Guide
A guide to using Doudna 148 for your hybrid class
*Please use the provided disinfectant to clean the teacher station and computer keyboard prior to use.
This room is capable of both in-person and remote learning. You can use the video sources you would normally use in person for remote instruction. Follow the instructions below to initiate a Zoom conference.
- Log into the desktop computer and start your Zoom meeting.
- Use the desktop control box to start the audiovisual presentation equipment.
- Select the video source you would like to share with your in-person and remote students. You will select PC to share computer content as well as the document camera both locally and in Zoom.
- In Zoom, click the Share Screen button and select Desktop to share the computer screen. You may now launch any content you would like to show to in-person and remote students.
- Turn the document camera on (either press the POWER button on the document camera or simply raise the arm of the document camera).
- In Zoom, click the Share Screen button.
- Click the Advanced tab in the dialogue box and select Share Content From 2nd Camera.
- Click OK.
- The document camera is now viewable to the remote audience as well as the in-person audience.
- In Zoom, open the microphone menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that Microphone (Chat 150) is selected as the microphone source.
- In Zoom, open the microphone menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) is selected as the speaker source.
- Use the volume knob on the desktop control box to turn the volume of the in-room speakers up.
- Ensure that the computer volume is not muted/turned down (click the speaker icon in the lower right corner of the screen).
- In Zoom, open the video menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that UNITE 20 CAMERA is selected as the video source.