Topics Map > Campus Services > Classroom Technologies
EGH115 - Hybrid Teaching Operations Guide
A guide on how to use EGH115 for your hybrid class
*Please use the provided disinfectant to clean the teacher station and computer keyboard prior to use.
This room is capable of both in-person and remote learning. You can use the video sources you would normally use in person for remote instruction. Follow the instructions below to initiate a Zoom conference.
- Log into the desktop computer and start your Zoom meeting.
- Use the desktop control box to start the audiovisual presentation equipment.
- Select the video source you would like to share with your in-person and remote students. You will select PC to share computer content as well as the document camera both locally and in Zoom.
TO SHARE COMPUTER CONTENT (such as PowerPoint) with in-person and remote students simultaneously:
- In Zoom, click the Share Screen button and select Desktop to share the computer screen. You may now launch any content you would like to show to in-person and remote students.
TO SHARE HANDWRITING VIA THE WACOM GRAPHICS TABLET:
- In Zoom, click the Share Screen button.
- Select Whiteboard in the dialogue box.
- Use the stylus to write on the Wacom Graphics Tablet screen.
*NOTE - It is not possible to share content from the document camera with remote students in this room. Any hand-written content should be shared by using the WACOM Graphics Tablet. Any hard copies of documents that need to be shared should be scanned as a PDF and shared electronically.
If REMOTE STUDENTS CAN'T HEAR You:
- In Zoom, open the microphone menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that Microphone (3 - Chat 150) is selected as the microphone source.
If YOU CAN'T HEAR Remote Students:
- In Zoom, open the microphone menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) is selected as the speaker source.
- Use the volume knob on the desktop control box to turn the volume of the in-room speakers up.
- Ensure that the computer volume is not muted/turned down (click the speaker icon in the lower right corner of the screen).
If REMOTE STUDENTS CAN'T SEE You:
- In Zoom, open the video menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that UNITE 20 Camera is selected as the video source.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.