Topics Map > Campus Services > Classroom Technologies
RUS122 - Hybrid Teaching Operations Guide
A guide to using RUS122 for your hybrid class
*Please use the provided disinfectant to clean the teacher station and computer keyboard prior to use.
This room is capable of both in-person and remote learning. You can use the video sources you would normally use in person for remote instruction. Follow the instructions below to initiate a Zoom conference.
- Log in to the desktop computer and start your Zoom meeting.
- Use the desktop control box to start the audiovisual presentation equipment.
- Select the video source you would like to share with your in-person and remote students. You will select PC to share computer content as well as the document camera both locally and in Zoom.
TO SHARE COMPUTER CONTENT (such as PowerPoint) with in-person and remote students simultaneously:
- In Zoom, click the Share Screen button and select Desktop to share the computer screen. You may now launch any content you would like to show to in-person and remote students.
TO SHARE THE DOCUMENT CAMERA with in-person and remote students simultaneously:
- Turn the document camera on (either press the POWER button on the document camera or simply raise the arm of the document camera).
- In Zoom, click the Share Screen button.
- Click the Advanced tab in the dialogue box and select Share Content From 2nd Camera.
- Click OK.
- The document camera is now viewable to the remote audience as well as the in-person audience.
If REMOTE STUDENTS CAN'T HEAR You:
- In Zoom, open the microphone menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and check to see if Microphone (Chat 150) is selected as the microphone source in zoom
If YOU CAN'T HEAR Remote Students:
- In Zoom, open the microphone menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) is selected as the speaker source.
- Use the volume knob on the desktop control box to turn the volume of the in-room speakers up
- Ensure that the computer volume is not muted/turned down (click the speaker icon in the lower right corner of the screen).
If REMOTE STUDENTS CAN'T SEE You:
- In Zoom, open the video menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) check to see if the UNITE 20 CAMERA is selected as the video source.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.