Topics Map > Campus Services > Classroom Technologies
OTT222 - Hybrid Teaching Operations Guide
A guide to using OTT222 for your hybrid class
Please use the provided disinfectant to clean the teacher station and computer keyboard prior to use.
This room is capable of both in-person and remote learning. You can use the video sources you would normally use in person for remote instruction. The desktop microphone/speaker will provide the audio for your remote students and give you the ability to hear the remote students. Follow the instructions below to initiate a Zoom conference.
- Log into the desktop computer and start your Zoom meeting.
- Use the desktop control box to start the audiovisual presentation equipment.
- Select the video source you would like to share with your in-person and remote students. You will select PC to share computer content.
- Power on the ceiling mounted camera by hitting the Camera button on the control box. Wait a second. Hit PC.
TO SHARE COMPUTER CONTENT (such as PowerPoint) with in-person and remote students simultaneously:
- In Zoom, click the Share Screen button and select Desktop to share the computer screen. You may now launch any content you would like to show to in-person and remote students.
TO SHARE THE DOCUMENT CAMERA with in-person and remote students simultaneously:
- Turn the document camera on (either press the POWER button on the document camera or simply raise the arm of the document camera).
- In Zoom, click the Share Screen button.
- Click the Advanced tab in the dialogue box and select Share Content From 2nd Camera.
- Click OK.
- The document camera is now viewable to the remote audience as well as the in-person audience.
- If the document camera does not appear, hit Switch Camera (upper left corner) until the document camera appears.
Ceiling mounted Web Camera...zoom in and out only
- Power up the camera by hitting the Camera button on the control. Wait a second. Then hit PC
- There is a remote for the web camera to zoom in and out only. You may not be seen if you are sitting at the teacher's station.
If REMOTE STUDENTS CAN'T HEAR You:
- In Zoom, open the microphone menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that 2-Chat 150 is selected as the microphone source.
If YOU CAN'T HEAR Remote Students:
- In Zoom, open the microphone menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that ExtronScalerD (2-INTEL Display Audio) is selected as the speaker source.
- Use the volume knob on the desktop control box to turn the volume of the in-room speakers up.
- Ensure that the computer volume is not muted/turned down (click the speaker icon in the lower right corner of the screen).
- Ensure that PC is selected on the control box.
If REMOTE STUDENTS CAN'T SEE You:
- In Zoom, open the video menu (located at the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that 1214-INOGENI 4KXUSB3 is selected as video source.
- Power up the camera by hitting the Camera button on the control. Wait a second. Then hit PC.
If DOCUMENT CAMERA NOT SHOWING You:
- Hit Switch Camera (upper left corner) until the document camera appears.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.