Topics Map > Campus Services > Classroom Technologies
OTT140 - Hybrid Teaching Operations Guide
A guide to using OTT140 for your hybrid class
*Please use the provided disinfectant to clean the teacher station and computer keyboard prior to use.
This room is capable of both in-person and remote learning. You can use the video sources you would normally use in person for remote instruction. The desktop microphone/speaker will provide the audio for your remote students and give you the ability to hear the remote students. Follow the instructions below to initiate a Zoom conference.
- Log in to the desktop computer and start your Zoom meeting.
- Use the desktop control box to start the audiovisual presentation equipment.
- Select the video source you would like to share with your in-person and remote students. You will select PC to share computer content.
- Power on the ceiling-mounted camera by hitting the Camera button on the control box. Wait a second. Hit PC.
TO SHARE COMPUTER CONTENT (such as PowerPoint) with in-person and remote students simultaneously:
- In Zoom, click the Share Screen button and select Desktop to share the computer screen. You may now launch any content you would like to show to in-person and remote students.
TO SHARE THE DOCUMENT CAMERA with in-person and remote students simultaneously:
- Turn the document camera on (either press the POWER button on the document camera or simply raise the arm of the document camera).
- In Zoom, click the Share Screen button.
- Click the Advanced tab in the dialogue box and select Share Content From 2nd Camera.
- Click OK.
- The document camera is now viewable to the remote audience as well as the in-person audience.
- If document camera is not showing hit Switch Camera (upper left corner) until the document camera appears.
Ceiling mounted Web Camera...zoom in and out only
- Power up the camera by hitting the Camera button on the control box. Wait a second. Then hit PC
- There is a remote for the web camera to zoom in and out only. You may not be seen if you are sitting at the teacher's station.
If REMOTE STUDENTS CAN'T HEAR You:
- In Zoom, open the microphone menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that 2-Chat 150 is selected as the microphone source.
If YOU CAN'T HEAR Remote Students:
- In Zoom, open the microphone menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that ExtronScalerD (INTEL Display Audio) is selected as the speaker source.
- Use the volume knob on the desktop control box to turn the volume of the in-room speakers up.
- Ensure that the computer volume is not muted/turned down (click the speaker icon in the lower right corner of the screen).
- Ensure that PC is selected on the control box.
If REMOTE STUDENTS CAN'T SEE You:
- In Zoom, open the video menu (located at the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that 1A0D-INOGENI 4KXUSB3 is selected as the video source.
- Power up the camera by hitting the Camera button on the control. Wait a second. Then hit PC
If DOCUMENT CAMERA NOT SHOWING You:
- Hit Switch Camera (upper left corner) until the document camera appears.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.