Topics Map > Campus Services > Classroom Technologies
Ullsvik 115 - Hybrid Teaching Operations Guide
A guide for using ULLS 115 for your hybrid class
*Please use the provided disinfectant to clean the teacher station and computer keyboard prior to use.
This room is capable of both in-person and remote learning. You can use the video sources you would normally use in person for remote instruction. Follow the instructions below to initiate a Zoom conference.
- Log in to the desktop computer and start the Zoom App (shortcut on desktop)
- Use the control panel to start the audiovisual presentation equipment as normal
- Select computer on the control panel. This will allow the in-room students and the remote students to see the lecture material.
- The fixed camera/microphone will connect to Zoom automatically
- Note: webcam microphone does not provide in-room sound reinforcement
- Note: you may need to repeat in room student questions so remote students hear it
- Select the screen sharing option in Zoom to show the computer screen
- To end the session, end the Zoom call
- Log off the computer
- Use the control panel to shut down the system
No audio on zoom - open the microphone popup (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and check to see if UNITE is selected as the microphone source in zoom
No audio from remote students - open the microphone popup (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and check to see if the Realtek High Definition Audio is selected as the speaker source in Zoom. Note: Make sure PC is selected on the control box. Once you change sources you will lose audio coming from students on Zoom.
No video - open the video popup (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) check to see if the UNITE is selected as the video source
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.