Topics Map > Campus Services > Classroom Technologies
ULR006 - Hybrid Teaching Operations Guide
A guide to using ULR006 for your hybrid class
Please use the provided disinfectant to clean the teacher station and computer keyboard prior to use.
This room is capable of both in-person and remote learning. You can use the video sources you would normally use in person for remote instruction. Follow the instructions below to initiate a Zoom conference.
- Log into the desktop computer and start your Zoom meeting.
- Use the desktop control box to start the audiovisual presentation equipment.
- Select the video source you would like to share with your in-person and remote students. You will select “PC” to share computer content as well as the document camera both locally and in Zoom.
Share Computer Content
To share computer content (such as a PowerPoint) with in-person and remote students simultaneously, in Zoom, click the “Share Screen” button and select “Desktop” to share the computer screen. You may now launch any content you would like to show to in-person and remote students.
Share Document Camera
To share a document camera with in-person and remote students simultaneously:
- Turn the document camera on (either press the “POWER” button on the document camera or simply raise the arm of the document camera).
- In Zoom, click the “Share Screen” button.
- Click the “Advanced” tab in the dialogue box and select “Share Content From 2nd Camera”.
- Click “OK”.
The document camera is now viewable to the remote audience as well as the in-person audience.
Remote Students Can't Hear
In Zoom, open the microphone menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that “Microphone (HD Webcam C270)” is selected as the microphone source.
You Can't Hear Remote Students
If you can't hear remote students:
- In Zoom, open the microphone menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that “ExtronScalerD (2- Intel® Display Audio) is selected as the speaker source.
- Use the volume knob on the desktop control box to turn the volume of the in-room speakers up.
- Ensure that the computer volume is not muted/turned down (click the speaker icon in the lower right corner of the screen).
Remote Students Can't See You
If remote students can't see you, open the video menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that “Logitech HD Webcam C270” is selected as the video source.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.