Zoom Live Automatic Captions Guide
A guide to setting up Live Automatic Captioning for your Zoom meetings.
You will need to be invited to create a 3Play account. You should receive an email that you have been invited and you will need to finish the registration.
SETTINGS IN ZOOM ACCOUNT – NEED TO BE SET ONCE
1. Go to uwplatt.zoom.us and sign in
2. On the left hand side select “Settings”
3. You must change the following settings
a. “Require encryption for 3rd party endpoints(SIP/H.323)” – This must be set to OFF
b. “Closed Captioning” – This setting must be set to ON
c. “Allow live streaming meetings” – This setting must be set to ON with “Custom Live Streaming Service” checked
1. Schedule your meeting through Zoom. This can be done inside of Canvas for a course, or through the Web Portal at uwplatt.zoom.us for a general meeting.
2. Log in to your 3Play account at www.3playmedia.com
3. Click on “Live Auto Captioning – BETA” along the top navigation bar
4. Click on “Schedule Live Captions”
5. Select “Zoom” as your platform
6. In the “Show Zoom events schedule by:” box type in your email
7. Select “Meeting” as the type of event
8. Check each meeting that you would like to schedule captions for.
a. Select how early you want to start Captions – Default is 15 minutes before
b. You can upload a “WordList” if you use many technical terms
9. You will get confirmation that your captions have been scheduled.
10. Click on “Back to dashboard” to see your scheduled meetings
GETTING MEETING GOING
1. You will receive an email from 3PlayMedia with a link that will take you to your event “Start” page 15 Minutes prior to the event start time
2. Launch your scheduled Zoom meeting that requires captioning
a. When inside of the meeting click on the “CC” button on the tool bar
b. Click on “Copy API Token”
3. Click on the link that you got in your email from 3Play.
4. Paste the API Token in the field on the page that loads
5. Click on “Live on Custom Live Streaming Service” inside of your Zoom meeting. It may be located underneath the “…” menu item in the bottom right hand corner.
Note: This process wont complete and start the captions if you try starting it earlier than the “How early do you want to start captions” setting that you selected when scheduling
6. Your captions should begin after the page finishes launching. You will get a notification in Zoom that says “Captions are available!”
NOTE: Every user needs to turn captions on for themselves. On the “CC” button, you will see an “^” button that you need to click and select “Enable Subtitles” in order to see the captions.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.