UW-Platteville Zoom Consolidation Changes
Outline the possible changes users may run into during the UW-Platteville to UW-System Zoom consolidation on August 18, 2021.
Changes are coming to UW-Platteville Zoom effective August 18, 2021. For more details see UW-Platteville Zoom Consolidation Changes
UW System is implementing a system-wide deployment of Zoom, and the UW-Platteville instance of Zoom is being consolidated into the new UW-System instance on WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 18, 2021.
Don't worry! All previously scheduled meetings and recordings WILL be transferred over, and Zoom has assured us that there will be minimal operational impact during the consolidation process.
You WILL still be able to access Zoom through the desktop application, web portal, and Canvas.
More information from UW-System can be found at: Zoom - Consolidating existing accounts to UW System (wisconsin.edu)
As we get more information throughout the project process, we will continue to update this KB article.
Changes That WILL Occur
- Access to the old uwplatt.zoom.us web portal will end on August 18, 2021. You will need to login into the Wisconsin web portal to access your account. Zoom - Logging into your Wisconsin-edu Zoom account through the web portal
- When signing into the Zoom desktop client with SSO, you will need to use the new Wisconsin domain. Zoom - Log in Using SSO (Single Sign On) on Wisconsin-edu
- Reports and polling data from previous meetings WILL NOT be transferred over. If you have reports and polling data that you want to keep, please contact TTC immediately. We will not be able to retrieve anything after August 17, 2021.
- Non-user accounts will no longer be valid. If you are currently using a Zoom account that is not tied directly to your personal NetID, it will NOT transfer over to the new UW-System instance.
- Users clicking on links that still contain the "uwplatt.zoom.us" vanity URLs will receive a warning message. Please see this KB Article for more information: Zoom - Join External Meeting warning
- When using the Zoom for Outlook Plugin, users will need to re-authenticate using the "wisconsin-edu.zoom.us" SSO domain after the consolidation.
Changes That MAY Occur
- If you have permission to schedule for someone or give permission for someone to schedule on your behalf, these may need to be re-established by going into your settings.
- User settings may change slightly based on the new instance’s settings. For example, if you have Breakout Rooms on by default, it may be turned off during the consolidation. You will need to go in and turn it back on if you wish to have it on by default for your meetings.
- You may get an email when you sign in for the first time to consolidate to the “Wisconsin-edu” instance. Please follow the directions provided in the email if you receive them.
- Guests accessing your meetings from old uwplatt.zoom.us links may receive a warning that "this meeting is no longer on the uwplatt.zoom.us domain". They will still be connected to the meeting as normal.