Zoom - Service Overview
Zoom is a University of Wisconsin System-wide web conference service used for video, voice, virtual classrooms, online meetings, screen sharing, chat, and webinars. Zoom can be accessed via Canvas, mobile devices, desktop computers, telephones, and classroom systems. Although individuals, departments, or campuses may have previously used their own Zoom licenses, the UW System’s enterprise-wide Education license provides increased features, support, and interoperability.
Audience and Use
Zoom is available to students, staff, and instructors at any University of Wisconsin System institution for uses supporting the educational and administrative needs of the university. As a webconference tool, Zoom is a platform for synchronous (real-time) classes, coursework, training, and meetings.
UW Madison, although part of the UW System Zoom contract, has a separate account. UW Madison users should see UW Madison's Web Conferencing (Zoom) page.
Consolidating Existing Zoom Accounts
UW departments and campuses which had previously licensed Zoom will see their Zoom licenses rolled into the UW System Zoom account. Users with a personal Zoom license which uses their UW email address will be given the choice to merge their Zoom license into the UW System Zoom account or change the email address used for their personal Zoom license.
- UW System Zoom Portal: https://wisconsin-edu.zoom.us/
- Microsoft Outlook - UW users have access to two different ways to integrate Microsoft Outlook with Zoom:
- Microsoft Outlook plugin - Windows only. This option supports scheduling delegation through Outlook.
- Zoom for Outlook add-in - MacOS, Windows, or Outlook web interface. May need to be deployed by Outlook administrator.
- Outlook Plugin and Add-in Comparison
- Desktop application (Windows or MacOS)
- iOS or Android app
User Profile and Settings
Users can manage their account profile and user settings by logging in to the UW System Zoom portal: https://wisconsin-edu.zoom.us
- add a profile picture
- Update their name
- Add personal pronouns
- Set meeting preferences
- Getting Started
- Scheduling Meetings
- Joining a Meeting
- Sharing Content
- Free online Zoom training webinars (Zoom)
- University of Wisconsin-hosted Training & Support (UWSA)
- Recorded training sessions (Zoom)
- Video tutorials (Zoom)
- Meeting and Webinar Best Practices and Resources (Zoom)
- Users can also log into Zoom, click “Resources” on the top right menu and then select “Live Training” or “Webinars and Events.”
The University of Wisconsin System license for Zoom includes Premier+ support for all UW users via the:
The Zoom Help Center provides:
- self-service help
- 24x7 chat support for end-users
- 24x7 phone support for end-users
- Direct access to Tier 2 support for licensed administrators
- Priority response and automated escalation
For fast help, users can submit a Web Ticket Request.
Users may also contact their local campus Help Desks for help with institution-specific issues.