Zoom - Updating old meeting links
A guide on how to update old uwplatt.zoom.us meeting links to wisconsin-edu.zoom.us
If you or your meeting guests are trying to join a meeting with an old “https:uwplatt.zoom.us….” link, you will be unable to join the meeting using that link at this point in time. Your meeting link has been updated inside of your web portal to a new “Wisconsin-edu.zoom.us…” link that will still take you to the same scheduled meeting. In order to get your meeting started, you will need to share the updated link with all those that wish to join the meeting.
1. Log into https://wisconsin-edu.zoom.us - For further assistance please see Zoom - Logging into your Wisconsin-edu Zoom account through the web portal
2. Click on “Meetings” on the left hand side
3. Click on the name of the meeting that you wish to update the link for
4. Under the “Invite Link” section, copy the link by right-clicking on it and selecting “Copy Link”
5. Update the link according to how you scheduled the meeting
a. If your link was sent in an email, reply to the message and update your guests by pasting the link into a new email to those you wish to attend
b. If your meeting was a scheduled Outlook event
i. Open the event in Outlook
ii. Click on “Edit”
iii. In the “Location Field”, delete the link that contains “uwplatt.zoom.us” and paste in the new link that contains "wisconsin-edu.zoom.us...".
iv. In the Description field, delete the link that contains “uwplatt.zoom.us” and paste in the new link that contains "wisconsin-edu.zoom.us...".
v. Click on “Send” to send your guests the updated link for your meeting