Topics Map > Campus Services
Topics Map > Hardware
Ullsvik 0113 - Student Guide to Running Zoom
A guide for students taking a distance education course in Ullsvik0113 where the instructor is remote.
- Room Startup:
- If room is OFF, press touch panel to wake it up and proceed to Step 2.
- If Room is already ON - Make sure that Web Conferencing is up at the top center of the touch panel. If it is not, press Home and then select Web Conferencing. Proceed to step 3.
- Press the Web Conferencing button.
- Wait for the room to Startup.
- Press Mic Muted and Device Muted to unmute them. If they are solid red, they are MUTED.
- In the center of the touch panel, press the "Tap here to select which camera is visible in ZOOM" button.
- In the window that pops up, press Student Camera
- Press the "Preset 1" button to align the camera with the student seating
- LEFT Projector Source should be "Teacher Station PC LEFT Monitor"
- RIGHT Projector Source should be "Teacher Station PC RIGHT Monitor"
- Sign into the Desktop PC.
- Open an internet browser.
- Go to Canvas and sign in.
- From the Courses section, select your course.
- On the left hand side, select the Zoom button from within your course.
- Click on the Join button for the proper meeting.
- Click on Open when it asks if you want to use Zoom to open it.
- Select Join with Computer Audio.
- Make sure the Mic and Video are unmuted in Zoom. You should see the student camera when you click Start Video; and on the Mic portion, you should see a green audio bar moving up and down when talking
- Maximize the Zoom window, and you should now be able to see and hear the other classrooms.
When class is done, logout of the computer and press System Shutdown in the top right corner of the touch panel.
If you cannot hear the other participants or if they cannot hear you, please check the following:
- Make sure the touch panel audio is unmuted (see Step 4).
- Make sure Zoom is unmuted (see Step 14).
- Make sure the proper microphone and speakers are selected - both should be set to Echo Canceling Speakerphone (Extron MediaPort200 Speakerphone).
If the other participants cannot see you check the following:
- Make sure Student Camera is selected on the touch panel ( see Step 5).
- Make sure Start video is on for Zoom (see Step 14).
- Make sure Extron MediaPort200 is selected as your Camera inside of Zoom.
If you have questions, please contact the TTC at 608.342.1798 or email@example.com