Topics Map > Campus Services > PASS
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Windows
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Mac OS X
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Android
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > iOS
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Web Browsers
PASS - Web Browser Compatibility Guide
Web Browser Compatibility Guide for PASS. Users are strongly encouraged to use these browsers, as others may not be compatible with PASS.
Web Browser Support for PASS
Users are strongly encouraged to use these browsers, as others may not be compatible with PASS.
|Firefox 95 and Higher|
Firefox 90 ESR and Higher
|Google Chrome 97 and Higher|
|Microsoft Edge 93 and Higher|
|Safari 14 and Higher|
- Browser Cache must be cleared frequently
- Pop-up Blockers must be off
- Adobe Reader or equivalent PDF reader must be installed
- (Get Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
Known Browser Issues:
Internet Explorer is no longer supported.
- Classic pages and page controls were developed in era before smartphones. Certain features do not work well with certain touch devices. This issue has been observed on iOS devices only. There is no workaround.
- When using the Safari browser in full screen mode, after visiting fluid
pages and returning to a fluid homepage multiple times, tiles with
dynamic content are blank and no longer display the dynamic
This issue has been reported on iOS 11 and 12. Workaround is either use the refresh button at the bottom right corner of the fluid
homepage or use Safari in browser mode.
This issue is fixed on iOS 13.
- On iOS, there is no local file system to which a file can be
downloaded. Therefore, operations such as the DetachAttachment
function will execute, but no file will be downloaded to the device. This is no workaround.
- If the Safari browser is in full screen
mode, when content has been set to open
in a new window, the content replaces the
current window instead. Workaround is use the Back button in the PeopleSoft page header to return to the
- There are issues displaying pop-up pages on Safari for iOS. These issues can include: • The inability to close the pop-up page using the Close button. • The inability to view all of the contents of long edit boxes. Certain page controls extend beyond the extents of the displayed page, but there is no ability to scroll to view these controls. There is no workaround.
- For all devices on the iOS platform, only image files can be uploaded from the device to a PeopleSoft system. There is no workaround.
Chrome and Microsoft Edge:
- In the Chrome browser, the native time and datetime picker HTML
controls do not support microseconds. Workaround is on the Fluid tab of the Edit Box Properties dialog box, do not select
datetime or time as the Input Type if you require microseconds to be
displayed. Instead, use the default value of text as the Input Type.
- Due to restrictions inherent in the Chrome and Firefox browsers, you cannot use ViewContentURL to open a file on a local file system. There is no workaround.
- On fluid pages, Date and DateTime fields
are not displayed using the user's
language preference. Workaround is change the language setting in Chrome.
- The Chrome browser crashes when a large XML file representing the HTML page is returned by the system. There is no Workaround.
- Due to restrictions inherent in the Chrome and Firefox browsers, you
cannot use ViewContentURL to open a file on a local file system. There is no workaround
- Certain PeopleTools features (for example, the Back button, charts, menu breadcrumbs, and others) do not function properly in a private browsing session
- Workaround - To enable full PeopleTools functionality, disable private browsing in the browser
- When accessing certain external URLs, the browser displays no content, or alternatively, a security error message.
- Workaround - Open the external website content in a new browser window
- When viewing attachments, superfluous message windows sometimes appear and remain open.
- After an upgrade, users might encounter anomalies with the display of fonts and certain images, such as the menu icon.
- Workaround - Clear Cache completely by signing out, clearing cache, closing browser, then sign in again.
- Desktop behavior is observed on a mobile device—for example, the classic homepage rather than the fluid homepage is displayed by default.
- When accessing a PeopleSoft system on a mobile device, use the operating system’s native browser
- Download to Excel is not supported.
- You cannot download a grid to Excel on a mobile device.
- Drag-and-drop of pagelets is not supported.
- Workaround - Click the Personalize Layout link to rearrange the layout of pagelets on homepages and dashboard pages.
- Pop-up pages contain a Close button
- To dismiss the pop-up page, you must tap the Close button.
- Scroll bars do not appear within
- Mobile devices use a touch-based paradigm for scrolling. If you need to scroll or pan through the information within the grid, long edit box, or pagelet, use a twofinger drag
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.