Topics Map > Campus Services > Printing
Printing - Change Printing Defaults - Duplex Printing
Instructions for setting the system-wide default for duplex printing settings. When making this change, it will change the default print options for the currently logged in user when printing from all applications. In other words, if you turn duplexing on following this tutorial, all print jobs sent will default to the chosen duplex option. The option can be changed in a separate dialog for each individual print job.
- Open "Windows Settings" by selecting it in the Start menu.
- Click on "Devices".
- Click on "Printers & Scanners" then click on the printer name that you would like to set duplex preferences for.
- Click on the "Manage" button for the printer.
- Click on "Printing preferences".
- Actual settings dialogs will vary by printer. Typically, duplex settings are located in the Layout or Finishing sections. Look for "2 sided" or "Print on both sides" checkboxes/selections.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.