Topics Map > Campus Services > E-mail
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Windows
Office 365 - Delete Profile for the Outlook Desktop Client
Strange behavior within the Outlook Desktop Client can often be due to a corrupt profile. This document describes how to remove a profile and create a new one. The screenshots used are for Windows 10, but the only difference from a newer OS is the process for getting to the control panel.
- Open "Control Panel" by clicking on the start button and searching for "Control Panel"
- Search for "Mail" in the top search bar and click on "Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016)".
- In the Mail Setup control panel, click on "Show Profiles".
- In most cases, there will be only one profile listed. Click on "Remove".
- Confirm the delete by clicking on "Yes" from the warning dialog box.
- Create a new profile by clicking "Add" in the Mail control panel.
- Give the profile a name. This can be anything, but for clarity you may simply enter your campus username. Click "OK"
- Confirm your name and email are entered correctly and click "Next".
- Respond to the Duo Prompt if needed.
- To avoid additional unnecessary dialogs, uncheck the box next to "Set up Outlook Mobile on my phone, too" and click "Finish".
- Launch Outlook.