Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software
Topics Map > Campus Services > Telecommunications
Zoom - Schedule A Meeting Only Authenticated Users Can Join
This document outlines steps for scheduling a meeting using Advanced Meeting settings to restrict participants by requiring a login. Requiring users to sign in before joining your meeting will prevent unwanted guests ("Zoom bombers") from entering and causing disruptions.
NOTE: Depending on the pathway you choose to schedule your Zoom meetings (desktop client, web portal, mobile), screenshots below may not match exactly. However, the Zoom meeting properties will be similar.
1. On the Schedule Meeting page, locate and expand the "Advanced Options" by clicking on it.
2. Check the box next to "Only authenticated users can join" and choose a profile. The two available options are:
- UW-Platteville Users Only - Everyone will need to first sign in to Zoom using SSO and their UW-Platteville account. ( Zoom - Log in Using SSO (Single Sign On))
- This works well for student organizations hosting a meeting for anyone on campus.
- If you know the meeting is only for participants from UW-Platteville, this is the best option to prevent "Zoom bombers".
- This also works well for class zoom meetings as it also ensures pre-defined break out rooms will work as expected.
- Sign in to Zoom - Everyone must sign in to the client using an account which is recognized by Zoom.
- This works well for meetings which include participants not associated with UW-Platteville. Everyone who joins the meeting has to sign in to the Zoom client, but can use whatever account type they have access to (personal or corporate).
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.