Topics Map > Campus Services > E-mail
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Office Productivity
Office 365 - OWA - Share a Folder
In Office 365, you have the ability to create new mail folders, calendars, address books, etc. If you decide to share those items, additional steps are required. In the example, the ITS Help Desk would like to share the folder "Folder to Share" with Pioneer Pete. To share a folder that you have created in OWA, there are two key steps: establishing the path to the share and setting permissions.
To establish the path to the share:
- Log in to Outlook Web App (OWA) by going to www.uwplatt.edu/go/email, selecting the orange Login button, and entering your username and password.
- If you are not already viewing your mail, click on the dial pad in the upper left corner (9 dots) and click on Mail.
- Right-click your account name in the Folder Pane on the left side of the window and select Folder Permissions.
- Select the Default user and check the box in the Other: section next to "Folder visible" and click OK.
Now that the path to the account is visible, it is time to set the permissions and visibility for the folder you want to share.
- From the Folder Pane, right-click on the folder you want to share and click Permissions.
- Click on the + in the upper left corner of the dialog box and type in the email address of the person you are sharing with.
- Make sure the person you are defining permissions for is highlighted in the top section. Then set the desired permissions in the lower section making sure to check the box for Folder Visible.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.