Topics Map > Campus Services > E-mail
Office 365 - Changing Time Zone
Changing the time zone for your official Office 365 account should be done through the Outlook Web App (OWA). The account will then sync with the Outlook desktop client and your mobile devices.
NOTE: If you have synced a mobile device with your Office 365
account, it is best to remove the account from the device and re-sync
after the time zone is updated to ensure the correct time zone is being
- Go to go.uwplatt.edu/email and log into your Office 365 account.
- Go to Mail or Calendar
- Click on Settings (the gear icon) in the upper right
- Select View all settings
- Select General from the panel on the left
- Select Language and time
- Under Current Time Zone, select (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada). This time zone takes into account Daylight Savings Time and is the correct time zone for all UW-Platteville campuses.
- To save, close the dialogue box by clicking the X in the upper right of the box.
NOTE: Microsoft frequently updates Office 365 with new or moved features without notice; UW-Platteville has no control over these changes. Also, changes are rolled out to accounts over time, so not all accounts may display the same. If these instructions do not match your account exactly, try clicking around in Settings until you find a reference to "time". You may always contact the ITS Help Desk for assistance.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.