Topics Map > Campus Services
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software
Endpoint Managment - Software Center (Microsoft)
Software Center features and information.
- Click in the Search Bar or Start menu
- Type Software Center and select the desktop app
- Located in the Microsoft Endpoint Manager folder in the All Programs menu
- Click the application in the list to see an overview of that software, including its description, version and if a restart is required.
- Click Install to begin the installation process. You can monitor the installation process on this tab or from the Installation status tab. NOTE: Once the installation has begun, it will need to runs its course. If you decide you do not want the application, you will need to uninstall later.
- After installation, follow instructions as to whether you need to restart your computer.
NOTE: If you have multiple applications to install, you will need to repeat the process for each title.
Viewing Installed Software
The Installation status tab shows software that is currently installed or is installing on your computer. This view indicates the Name, Publisher, Install date, and Status of the application. To view more information about an application, simply click on the application title.
Clicking on an application title in the Applications tab or Installation status tab will bring up further details about the application. Some applications also include the option to repair the application if you are having trouble with it. The repair option will completely remove and reinstall the application including all settings. This should only be done if you are experiencing a problem with the application.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.