Topics Map > Campus Services > Storage
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Office Productivity
Office 365 - Creating a new file in OneDrive
Instructions for creating a new file in OneDrive, the storage component of Office 365
Creating a New FileLogin into your account through the email landing page at www.uwplatt.edu/go/email and navigate to OneDrive. Not sure how to get to OneDrive? Check out Office 365 - Accessing OneDrive
1. Click New to create new file; select the desired application or New Folder.
2. You may also choose to upload an existing document.
3. Click the default title at the top to rename the file.
4. Continue as you would in the full version of Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. Some functionality may not be available in the online version. Changes are saved automatically.
5. To exit a file, click your name at the top left. You will return to the file list.
6. To exit OneDrive, open the App Launcher and select the desired feature.
- You can share files in OneDrive with other UW-Platteville account holders only. If you have a personal OneDrive account, you will not be able to share between the two.
- Sharing files allows multiple people to edit the same file simultaneously. For instructions on how to share a file from OneDrive, refer to Office 365 - Sharing a file from OneDrive
- You can open any online doc in the corresponding application by selecting Open/Edit in Word/Excel/PowerPoint. This allows you full functionality. However, your changes will not be saved to the online version until you click Save. Whether you are in the online or the full version, all parties will be notified that someone else is editing the file.
Guidelines for storing documents in OneDrive
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.