Topics Map > Hardware
Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Office Productivity
WACOM HD-Touch Tablet - How to use the WACOM Tablet with Microsoft Word
A step by step guide on how to use the WACOM tablet with Microsoft Powerpoint
- You will need to open up Microsoft Word by clicking on the start button in the bottom left corner of the screen. Then search for “Word”, and click on the program that is labeled Word 2016 (or Word 2013).
- Once Microsoft word is open, touch the pen to the screen. You should see a green tab on the top of your screen pop up labeled "Ink Tools Pens". Click on the Ink Tools tab with your Wacom pen to open up your options for using the pen.
On the far left of the toolbar, you will see 4 functions for using the pen in the top left of your page.
- The first function is Pen. The Pen function allows you to write on a word document using your Wacom pen. With this function, you will only be able to write on the page where text is able to go.
- The second function is Highlighter. This function allows you to highlight anything that is in the document. Just like the pen, it will only work on the document itself.
- You are able to change the color of the pen and highlighter by either selecting the preferred color of ink in the pens window or you may select the Color tab to choose from a wider range of colors. You are also able to change the thickness of you’re writing by clicking on the Thickness tab.
- The third function is Erase. You can either select the Erase tab in the write window or flip the pen over and use the eraser on the top of the pen. When erasing the ink on the document, the eraser will erase whole lines of ink. Anything connected to the line you wish to erase will also be erased.
- Your final function is the Select Objects function in the write window. This allows you to use the pen just like you would use a mouse. You are able to click and highlight things just as you would with a mouse.
- In order to stop using the pen click on the Stop Inking button on the top of your page.
Microsoft Word can also be used to annotate a PDF or Portable Document Format.
- Start by locating the PDF you wish to annotate in your files. From here, right click the PDF and select "Open With" and choose Microsoft word. Word will warn you that some features or text may be missing as it attempts to convert the PDF into a readable document. After it completes, follow the above instructions as if you were annotating a normal Microsoft Word document.