Topics Map > Campus Services > PASS
PASS CX - Registration Guide (PASS 9.2 also included)
Registration in courses at UW-Platteville is completed via PASS (Pioneer Administrative Software System). This is a web-based tool; therefore, scheduling classes can be done at any computer with internet access. This guide outlines the steps of registering for classes. Depending on your situation, you may not need all of the steps.
There are a number of resources available to help you prepare for registration. To find previous PASS 9.2 KB documents, click on the PASS KB link directly to the right of the topic.
- Schedule Builder (in PASS under Academics; see below) - choose desired courses and factor in work and co-curricular schedules; system generates possible schedules (PASS KB)
- Planner (in PASS under Academics; see below) - sketch out your courses from first term to graduation; modify anytime (PASS KB)
- Class Availability - up-to-date information on current class enrollment included number of seats available and instructor
To get started
- Go to https://go.uwplatt.edu/pass
- Log into PASS CX with Net ID and password
- In the PASS CX Dashboard, go to the My Information menu.
- View Holds - you should view holds before you register. Most holds block registration. (PASS KB)
- Remove Advising Hold - you may also need to remove your advising hold by completing your Registration Agreement in Tasks. (PASS KB)
- In the PASS CX Dashboard, go to the Enrollment menu.
- Enrollment Dates - this shows you the time frame in which you are eligible to register (PASS KB)
- Planner - this shows you courses you added to your planner from the Degree Progress feature in PASS CX (PASS KB)
- Schedule Builder - PASS CX - Adding a Class using Schedule Builder In-App Registration (PASS KB)
- Shopping Cart - PASS CX - Adding a Class (PASS KB)
- Edit Enrollment - PASS CX - Changing Credits of a Class (PASS KB)
- Drop Classes - PASS CX - Dropping a Class (PASS KB)
- Swap Classes - PASS CX - Swapping a Class (PASS KB)
- In progress - PASS CX - Finding an additional course fee. Use PASS to find a fee.
When you have finished registering, you can print your course schedule or import it directly into your Office 365 account using Outlook.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.