Canvas: Outcomes - Aligning to Assessments
Outcomes can be attached to any of the following assessment types:
After outcome folders have been added to a course, it is possible to align outcomes to assignments, quizzes, and discussions.
Outcomes are attached to an activity/assessment as a single criterion line of a rubric. The rubric might already exist as part of a grading rubric for an assignment (quiz or discussion) or it can be created independently only for assessment of the learning outcome.
The instructions below describe how to add an outcome rubric to an assignment. To add a rubric to a quiz or discussion follows the same procedure.
Creating a new rubric
1. In the selected course, click "Assignments" on the navigation bar.
2. Then, select the intended assignment.
3. Next, click "+ Rubric."
4. To add outcomes, select "Find Outcome." Navigate to the folder that you created or imported, and choose the individual outcome.
5. Once you have found your outcome, click "Import."
6. To add more than one outcome, repeat steps 4 and 5. The outcomes will be added as individual criterion lines in the rubric.
7. If finished, select the blue button, "Create rubric."
Adding a previously created rubric that contains outcomes
1. On the selected assignment, click "+ Rubric."
2. Then, select "Find a Rubric."
3. Once you have found the rubric, click "Use this Rubric" at the bottom.
The outcome is now set up as part of the assessment for this assignment (quiz or discussion). You can edit an added rubric and Canvas will create a new copy of the imported rubric.
If you have questions, please contact the TTC at 608.342.1798 or email@example.com