Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Adobe Suite
Topics Map > Technology Purchasing > Software
Adobe - Creating a digital signature using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Instructions for how to create a digital signature in Adobe.
Note: This example is Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. If you find these instructions do not work for your version of Adobe, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com.
1. Open Acrobat Reader and navigate to the "Preferences" menu, as show below:
2. Under the "Categories" menu, choose Signatures. Then, next to "Identities & Trusted Certificates," click More.
3. Click Add ID, then select A new digital ID I want to create now, and lastly click on Next.
4. Ensure that "New PKCS#12 digital ID file" is selected, as shown below. Then click Next.
5. Fill out the appropriate portions of the window below. Do not change "Country/Region," "Key Algorithm," or "Use digital ID for." Click Next.
6. Choose a password for your digital signature. Note: If you forget this password, you will have to create a new digital signature as there is no password recovery mechanism. ITS cannot reset your password. Click Finish.
7. View your new digital signature. You can now use your digital signature to sign Adobe Acrobat forms.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.