Topics Map > Campus Services > E-mail
Topics Map > Campus Services > Telecommunications
Topics Map > Campus Services > Web
Topics Map > Campus Services > Multimedia
Topics Map > Campus Services > Canvas
Zoom - Creating a Zoom Meeting: Student Guide
Student guide to starting a Zoom meeting for the first time.
Changes are coming to UW-Platteville Zoom effective August 18, 2021. For more details see UW-Platteville Zoom Consolidation Changes
1. Click on the link to the zoom meeting that is provided to you by your instructor. It may be posted in the Canvas Calendar, put in the Modules area in Canvas, or emailed to you.
2. The first time you click the link, you will get this message in a web browser. Please use Chrome as a browser, if possible. Click download & run Zoom if you have never downloaded the Zoom app.
3. Once the download is complete, click the .exe file to install it.
4. Double-click the .exe file to run it. You will see a dialog box that is installing the Zoom app:
5. Then Zoom will start. Select Test Speaker and Microphone to make sure they are functioning properly. Headsets will often have better sound quality.
Using a phone for sound
6. You can also use a phone if you don’t have a microphone or headset. Click Phone Call and dial one of the numbers listed and follow the prompts.
7. You can choose to use the web browser to run Zoom, to do so, click Start from your Browser:
8. This looks a little different like this:
9. To change your profile picture, you will need to do this in the uwplatt.zoom.us site. Create an account if you don’t have one, and edit the picture under "Profile" and click Change or Delete.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.