Topics Map > Campus Services > E-mail
Topics Map > Campus Services > Telecommunications
Topics Map > Campus Services > Web
Topics Map > Campus Services > Canvas
Topics Map > Campus Services > Classroom Technologies
Zoom - Creating a Meeting and Posting in Canvas
Use the following instructions to create a meeting and post it to Canvas.
IFf you try to use the Zoom app in Canvas, you may get an Error Code 2216. Use the following as a work around.
1. Please use uwplatt.zoom.us, sign in with NET ID, and use that to create a meeting for your students. You will need to share the meeting link with them through email, or in your Canvas Course on the Home page as a Page in your class. Copy the meeting url (highlighted in red below).
2. Create a new page in your Canvas course:
3. Add the Zoom meeting link to the page:
4. Select Save & Publish.
5. To create a calendar event for your students, simply add the Zoom meeting information into the body of your meeting (see next page). To do this, click on the meeting under "Meetings," and then click Copy Invitation.
6. Then click Copy Meeting Invitation again:
7. Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
8. Copy the link that is provided to you and paste it into a new tab in your web browser, it will download the .ics for you.
9. Double click the file and it will open it in your Outlook Desktop client. You can also import this into the Web based Outlook calendar.
10. Or create a new Outlook meeting, make it a recurring meeting, click Add Attendees, and add your students’ email, and then paste the body of the meeting text that you copied into the meeting:
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.