Adobe Creative Cloud to require login effective July 12
Posted: 09:45:32, Monday, Jul 8, 2019 Expiration: 09:45:32, Saturday, Aug 31, 2019
Adobe has changed their licensing model, which will affect how we access Creative Cloud software at all three UW-Platteville campuses.
- Read about these licensing changes at Adobe - Licensing Options (Summer 2019)
How employees are affected
- As an employee, you will access the Creative Cloud software through the app:
- Adobe - Single Sign On for Adobe Creative Cloud (Windows)
- Adobe - Single Sign On for Adobe Creative Cloud (Mac)
- You will be prompted to log into the app the next time you log into the workstation. ITS recommends logging in even if you do not intent to use Creative Cloud; otherwise, you will be prompted each time you log in.
- Employees will need to use two-factor authentication (Duo) the first time; you should only need to re-authenticate when your password changes or if there is a major update to the software. NOTE: This requirement includes student employees working on office computers.
- There is a two-device-at-a-time limit for Creative Cloud. If you attempt to access the software from a third device, it will ask you to disconnect from one.
How students are affected
- When you open the Creative Cloud app, you will be prompted to login with your “Enterprise ID”, which is your UW-Platteville username and password.
- If you have a personal Adobe account, you may have to select “Enterprise ID” to access the campus account. Your personal account is totally separate from the campus instance.
- There is a two-device-at-a-time limit for Creative Cloud. If you attempt to access the campus software from a third device, it will ask you to disconnect from one.
Addition notes for all
In addition to the login changes, Creative Cloud will no longer be available in the virtual environment.
A full list of Adobe Creative Cloud software available at UW-Platteville is posted in the ITS Knowledge Base at Software - Adobe - Available Applications
If you have questions about these changes, contact the ITS Help Desk at.
-- UW Platteville: Deb Meyer
Created: 09:55:20, Monday, Jul 8, 2019 (by Deb M.)
Updated: 09:55:20, Monday, Jul 8, 2019 (by Deb M.)