ITS Update: Annual Information Security Awareness training to be assigned
Posted: 11:22:24, Tuesday, Oct 29, 2019 Expiration: 11:22:24, Sunday, Dec 1, 2019
The annual online Information Security Awareness training will be assigned to all UW-Platteville employees soon.
This training is required every year for all UW-System employees.Watch for an email with Subject: 2019-2020 Information Security Awareness Training assigned to (your full name)
Changes for 2019-2020There are 12 modules, which must be completed to satisfy the training requirement. The modules have been updated with new content for 2019 though some titles resemble training from 2017-2018. Total time to complete the training is estimated to be 20-45 minutes.
This year, you have two options for completing the training:
Test out for the year with a one-time quiz.
- Topics where you correctly answer the questions will be marked as completed thereby reducing the time needed to complete the training.
- For incorrect answers, you will be required to watch the corresponding modules and answer three questions.
- NOTE: The quiz must be completed in one sitting; if you stop before youâre done with the quiz, you will need to watch all videos (see "Watch videos" below). Estimated time for the quiz is 20 mins.
Watch the 12 modules individually.
- Modules run 2-4-minutes in length; most end with a 3-question quiz.
- You may complete the modules over multiple sessions.
- As you complete the training, consider how this knowledge can be shared in and out of the classroom.
- Training modules remain available and can be viewed again even after being marked completed.
If you have questions regarding this training, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
-- UW Platteville: Deb Meyer
Created: 06:30:22, Tuesday, Oct 29, 2019 (by Deb M.)
Updated: 16:25:09, Thursday, Oct 31, 2019 (by Deb M.)