ITS Update: Printing issue continues, no printing from campus labs
Posted: 16:54:37, Thursday, Sep 2, 2021 Expiration: 16:54:37, Thursday, Sep 16, 2021
The printing issues reported to UW-Platteville employees last week continue. Microsoft has yet to resolve the situation caused by the application of their security patch. This is a wide-spread issue, not limited to UW-Platteville.
Until further notice, pending the vendor’s updates:
- There is no printing from computer labs on any UW-Platteville campus.
- Employees needing access to their department printers may contact the ITS Help Desk to request assistance.
Students may print from a personal device using FindMe; see instructions at https://go.uwplatt.edu/findmeprinters
Students are encouraged to try these paperless alternatives:
- Import your class schedule to your Office 365 Outlook calendar using https://go.uwplatt.edu/importschedule
- Submit assignments electronically when allowed
Employees are encouraged to continue utilizing the paperless alternatives we’ve implemented this past year, such as:
- Post meeting agendas, minutes, and other documents to a Teams site
- Upload syllabi to Canvas
- Accept assignments electronically
As soon as Microsoft issues a viable fix, ITS will make every effort to apply it in a timely fashion. We will update this message as more information becomes available.
Thank you for your patience.
-- UW Platteville: Deb Meyer
Created: 11:56:27, Thursday, Sep 2, 2021 (by Deb M.)
Updated: 16:57:02, Thursday, Sep 2, 2021 (by Deb M.)