ITS Maintenance Outages: PASS, BI down Aug 21; Extended - network storage USER1 (J-drive) Aug 21-21; New Help Desk hours
Posted: 18:36:17, Wednesday, Aug 19, 2015 Expiration: 18:36:17, Saturday, Aug 22, 2015
ITS Scheduled Maintenance for week ending August 21
Regular weekly maintenanceThe following will be down during the scheduled IT maintenance window from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. on Friday, Aug 21:
- PASS - regular updates
- Business Intelligence - regular updates
- Website/CMS may experience intermittent outages during this period
Extended - network storage USER1 (a.k.a. the J-drive) - August 21-23ITS continues its migration of network storage volumes to new servers with USER1 (J:) this weekend. USER1 (a.k.a. your "J-drive") will be down beginning at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 21 and extending through Sunday, Aug 23. Files on this drive will be READ-ONLY for the duration of the migration. Files should be read-write accessible again at 7:00 a.m. Monday morning, August 24.
Changes in effect after the USER1 (J-drive) migration beginning Monday, Aug 24
- Individual storage allotment on USER1 increases to 4GB.
- To access USER1 (J-drive) via mobile device or from off-campus, you will need to use a virtual desktop.
- SHARED1 will still be accessible via mobile device and from off-campus through the login at www.uwplatt.edu/go/storage or through a virtual desktop.
- SHARED1 will not be migrated to the new server until Winterim 2016.
- Mac users will need to map the new drives; see instructions at [Link for document 30263 is unavailable at this time.] .
If it appears files are missing from your J-drive, it may be that your data is still being migrated. If you have concerns, please contact the ITS Help Desk.
ITS Help Desk resumes academic year hours effective Monday, Aug 24ITS Help Desk Full-Service Hours of Operation (Walk-in, Email and Phone Coverage)
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
ITS Help Desk Phone/Email Coverage Only (Calls forwarded to the Bears Den outside of walk-in hours)
Monday-Friday 7:00 to 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The ResNet Office at 122 Royce Hall has been closed. ResNet services are handled through the ITS Help Desk on the first floor of Karrmann Library.
If you have questions about these outages or Help Desk hours, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
-- UW Platteville: Deb Meyer
Created: 13:48:45, Wednesday, Aug 19, 2015 (by Deb M.)
Updated: 18:52:05, Wednesday, Aug 19, 2015 (by Deb M.)