ITS Alerts: Phishing attempt claims funds will be deposited, requests authentication 12.27.16
Posted: 15:02:39, Tuesday, Dec 27, 2016 Expiration: 15:02:39, Wednesday, Jan 4, 2017
The ITS Help Desk has received numerous reports of a phishing message claiming to confirm a payment and informing you that funds will be deposited to your bank account. You are then instructed to verify your password by opening an attachment and logging into a web portal at an unknown address that spoofs the Outlook login page.
- If you receive such an email, please DELETE immediately.
- If you opened the attachment and logged in with your campus username and password, CHANGE YOUR CAMPUS PASSWORD IMMEDIATELY and contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you logged in using other account information, e.g. a bank account, CHANGE THE PASSWORD FOR THAT ACCOUNT and contact the banking institution directly.
ALERT 12.27.16 6:30AM - PHISHING ATTEMPT OFFERS ONECLASS
Learn@UW at UW System informs us of a phishing attempt that includes a malicious "OneClass" Chrome Extension. If installed, this extension may send email on your behalf or attempts to collect your user credentials. More details are posted on the Desire2Learn landing page at http://www.uwplatt.edu/desire2learn
- If you receive an email with this message, DELETE IMMEDIATELY.
- If you clicked on the link and/or entered credentials, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608-342-1400 or email@example.com.
HOW CAN I TELL IF A MESSAGE IS NOT LEGIT?
-- UW Platteville: Deb Meyer
Created: 09:09:16, Tuesday, Dec 27, 2016 (by Deb M.)
Updated: 15:11:00, Tuesday, Dec 27, 2016 (by Deb M.)