ITS Maintenance Outages: Various down May 26; Extended - Password reset, authentication; D2L reminders
Posted: 14:51:16, Wednesday, May 24, 2017 Expiration: 14:51:16, Saturday, May 27, 2017
The following systems will be down during the scheduled IT maintenance window from 5:00-6:00 p.m. on Friday, May 26:
- PASS - regular updates
- Business Intelligence - regular updates
NOTE: Due to the release of vendor updates and patches outside ITS control, any university system may experience brief intermittent outages. Because these updates may be released any time it is not possible to include them all in this list.
EXTENDED MAINTENANCE - Password Reset/Authentication
ITS staff will be upgrading system software during an extended maintenance window from 5:00 – 10:00 p.m. on Friday, May 26. During this time, password resets and authentication may be affected.
- Avoid resetting your password between 5:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- If you are not able to log into any campus system during this period, please wait a few minutes and try again.
Every effort will be made to restore services as soon as possible.
REMINDERS - Desire2Learn
1. The D2L Course Cleanup is scheduled to occur on Friday, May 26, 2017. The semesters targeted are as follows:
0920 - Fall 2013
0925 - Winterim 2014
0930 - Spring 2014
0940 - Summer 2014
After May 26, you will no longer see these semesters/courses on your D2L Homepage. Please download any files that you anticipate needing in the future. Information on using the Export feature of D2L can be found in this Knowledge Base at [Link for document 53316 is unavailable at this time]
2. D2L will be upgraded to a new version on June 14-15, 2017. This change will fix some known issues within D2L, but the look will not be affected. To accommodate the upgrade, D2L will not be available from 10:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 14 until 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 15.
We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your patience. If you have questions regarding these outages, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com.
-- UW Platteville: Deb Meyer
Created: 14:54:59, Wednesday, May 24, 2017 (by Deb M.)
Updated: 14:54:59, Wednesday, May 24, 2017 (by Deb M.)