TurnItIn is coming to UW-Platteville on November 9!
Posted: 14:41:17, Friday, Nov 3, 2017 Expiration: 14:41:17, Thursday, Nov 16, 2017
TurnItIn is a tool that can be integrated into Desire2Learn and can help students and professors understand, identify, and avoid plagiarism.
TurnItIn can immediately create a Similarity Report for writing assignments submitted to D2L if the professor chooses to enable the tool. The results can be used to identify similarities to existing sources and help students learn how to avoid plagiarism, paraphrase effectively, and improve their writing.
TurnItIn also includes GradeMark®, an online grading tool that makes it fast and easy for instructors to create custom editorial notations, provide meaningful feedback, and create and utilize rubrics.
Instructors who have not previously used TurnItIn are strongly encouraged to attend a training session to learn how to best use the tool to facilitate students’ learning. Training sessions will be available for the following dates and times:
- Instructor Training on OriginalityCheck and GradeMark:
- Monday, November 13th, 12 PM – 1 PM
- Tuesday, November 14th, 9 AM – 10 AM
- Thursday, November 16th, 5 PM – 6 PM
- Sign up for these training sessions at https://www.uwplatt.edu/ttc/turnitin-training
- All training sessions will take place in the Hempel Collaboratory, MPSC.
- Additionally, there will be drop-in sessions available Thursdays from 7:30 AM – 9:30 AM in Hempel Collaboratory, MPSC.
If you have questions about this new tool or the training sessions, please contact the Teaching and Technology Center at email@example.com.
-- UW Platteville: Deb Meyer
Created: 09:48:08, Friday, Nov 3, 2017 (by Deb M.)
Updated: 14:48:59, Friday, Nov 3, 2017 (by Deb M.)