ITS ALERT: Phishing attempt offers part-time job 11.17.17
Posted: 10:33:32, Friday, Nov 17, 2017 Expiration: 10:33:32, Friday, Nov 24, 2017
The ITS Help Desk has received reports of a phishing message offering a part-time job with Core BTS. You are instructed to reply with a long list of personal information in order to accept the position.
The message appears to come from one of the following non-campus accounts:
- Kimberly Scott (gmail address)
- Adman Smith (gmail address - 2 versions)
- Robert Brian (outlook address)
What should I do if I receive this message?
- If you receive such an email from the people listed above, please DELETE immediately.
- If you receive such an email from another sender, please NOTIFY the ITS Help Desk.
- If you replied to the message and provided your personal information, MONITOR your account for future emails claiming to be from "CoreBTS". Be sure to mark them as spam or junk and delete them.
How can I tell if a message is not legit? We've mocked up real-life examples in the ITS Knowledge Base, including today's attempt.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
-- UW Platteville: Deb Meyer
Created: 04:34:43, Friday, Nov 17, 2017 (by Deb M.)
Updated: 11:48:26, Friday, Nov 17, 2017 (by Deb M.)