Topics Map > Campus Services > Web
Pioneer Portal – Customize A to Z index
Learn how to use and customize the Portal's A to Z index.
There are two A to Z lists provided by the Portal.
- The Global A to Z contains all the links from the old campus website A to Z. The Global version displays by default when you are not logged into the Portal.
- The second list is a Personal A to Z. This displays when you are signed into the Portal.
Building your Personal A to Z index
When you sign into the Portal the first time, your Personal A to Z will be empty. You can build your Personal A to Z from scratch and add the links you want, or you can clone the Global A to Z, which copies that list into your Personal list. Follow the instructions below to customize your Personal A to Z
- Navigate to portal.uwplatt.edu
- Click on the A to Z button in the left navigation.
a. Select Sign In under "Sign in to customize your own A to Z."
b. Enter your UW-Platteville credentials.
3. Choose how you'd like to start: "Build your own" or "Jump start your Experience" (cloning the Global A to Z).
To clone the Global A to Z
To build your own
There are several ways to build and manage your personal A to Z from scratch.
- Using the Settings Page (Allows you to add, edit, delete, clear, and pin links)
- Using the A to Z Page (Allows you to add and pin links)
- Using the Portal Search (Allows you to add links)
1. Go to the A to Z settings page by either:
a. Clicking the gray gear in the top right corner of the A to Z
b. Clicking the 3 dots on the top right.
i. Click Settings.
ii. Click A to Z.
Add a new item
4. Enter the URL of the page you want to add
5. (Optional) Toggle the item as a shortcut. Clicking the toggle on will show (pin) the item on the Shortcuts widget on your home screen. NOTE: You must have the Shortcut widget on your home screen
6. Click Save.
Edit an item
Delete a single item1. Click the red trash can button.
Clear/Delete all items from your A to Z.1. Click the blue trash can at the top right of screen
Add a new item.
2. Fill out the popup form.
Pin and Unpin items to the Shortcuts
2. Click the pin with a slash through it right of the item to unpin the item. The indicator pin will disappear.
2. To add click the plus button next to the item.
NOTE: You can add links from the Campus, SharePoint, Knowledge Base, and Forms tabs of the search page.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.