Guide through StarRez for Incoming Student
A Step by step walkthrough of the StarRez App.
1. The student will be taken to the StarRez app by clicking on the Housing/Meals link
This will take the student to the main screen for StarRez.
2. Each link housed inside StarRez takes the student to a different process. The orange bar contains links to processes the student qualifies for. The student will only see the processes they qualify for. To start an application the student will select a process by clicking on the link in orange.
For the purpose of this guide, we will focus on the New/Transfer Student Process
3. Once the student has clicked on the New/Transfer Student link they will be taken to the apply page. By clicking on Apply it starts an application for StarRez.
4. The first stop in the process is a meal plan page. Depending on the age and post-high school credits of the students, this page can differ. The student will see one of two pages "New/Sophomore" or "Junior/Senior".
"Junior/Senior" is not required and the student may bypass the page by clicking on the Save & Continue at the bottom of the page.
5. After the student selects their meal plan and clicks on Save & Continue, they are taken to a contract page.
Note: the following contract page is condensed
6.. If the student is required to pay the $150 housing prepayment, they will see the next series of pages.
If not they will be taken directly to the Housing Contract Screen.
The "Payment Overview" page:
The "Payment Total" Screen:
The "Credit Card Payment" screen:
7. After the student completes their payment or if the student is not required to pay the $150 housing prepayment they will be taken directly to the Residence Life Contract page.
NOTE: This page has also been severely condensed.
8. The LLC page will follow next. This page applies to both Freshman and Transfer students. The only difference is what communities are available for them to select from.
Like the Main page, the student only sees the communities they qualify for. This page is optional. A student is not required to choose a Living Learning Community. They may bypass the page by clicking on the Save & Continue.
9. The next page is the "Residence Hall Information" screen. The page has information regarding all the residence halls. The student may click on the images of each hall to be taken to a link that will provide them information about the selected hall.
10. The "Residence Hall Preference" page will follow next.
The student is allowed to select up to four halls, but are required to select two in order to move to the next screen.
11. This will lead into the "Accommodations" page. Specifically, this is for AC unit requests in our traditional halls. All other requests need to go through Services for Students with Disabilities. Accommodations are not required, the page can be bypassed by clicking on Save & Continue.
12. After that, the "Background Disclosure" page is required and must be completed in order to move on.
13. The next page is the "Personal Details" page. This page contributes to roommate matching. It is in the student's best interest to complete this page for the best roommate match.
14. The next page will be "Roommate Duos". This page is for finding specific roommates.
Be it a person they know they would like to room with, or finding someone that closely matches their "Personal Details". Incoming students are only allowed to select one single roommate. This page is not required.
15. The Final page is the "Complete the Process". This will submit the contract and change the status of the application to complete. Student only needs to click on Submit E-contract.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.