Topics Map > Network Connectivity > Wireless
Topics Map > Network Connectivity > Wired
ResNet - Registering a Gaming System and Other Devices
Follow the steps to register your gaming system or other device.
- To manually register a gaming system (Xbox, PlayStation...etc), fill out the .
- If you have not registered a computer/router to your room, you will have to successfully pass the Copyright Quiz at this time. See ResNet - Obtaining a ResNet Account for your Computer or Personal Wireless Router for instructions.
- For the Registration process, you will need to provide your MAC address for your gaming system. Steps to find the MAC Address can be .
- For other devices such as TVs, bluray, AppleTv...etc, please consult the owners manual to find the wired MAC or Physical Hardware Address.
Known Issues with Gaming Systems
- Xbox One and PlayStation 4 - Peer2Peer game play for party chat is currently not support on our campus. This is due to limited support for IPv6 on campus and not allowing for unsolicited off campus connections to connect to on campus devices. At this time there is no solution for this.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.