EGH230, EGH233, EGH243 - Hybrid Teaching Operations Guide
This is an operation guide for using EGH230, 233, and 243 for a hybrid teaching style using Zoom.
Please use the provided disinfectant to clean the teacher station
and computer keyboard prior to use.
This room is capable of both in person and remote learning. You can use the video sources you would normally use in person for remote instruction. The desktop microphone/speaker will provide the audio for your remote students and give you the ability to hear the remote students. Follow the instructions below to initiate a Zoom conference.
1) Log into the desktop computer and start the Zoom App
2) Use the touch panel to start the audiovisual presentation equipment as normal
3) The tabletop microphone/speaker will connect to Zoom automatically
- The microphone/speaker has a volume control and mute function
4) Select on the touch panel the video source you would like for Zoom
- Document camera can show writing, graphics, or demonstrations
- Ceiling camera can show instructor, white board, students, or demonstrations
- Ceiling demonstration camera (straight above demo table)
5) Select the screen sharing option in zoom to show the computer screen
- Within the screen sharing option – choose “advanced sharing” option allows for video camera to be seen full screen
6) To end the session, end the Zoom call
7) Log off the computer
8) Use the touch panel to shut down the system
No audio on zoom – open the microphone popup (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and check to see if “CHAT-150” is selected as the microphone source in zoom
No audio from remote students – open the microphone popup (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and check to see if the “CHAT-150” is selected as the speaker source in zoom
No video – open the video popup (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) check to see if the “Inogeni” is selected as video source
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.