OTT203 - Hybrid Teaching Operations Guide
A guide to using Ottensman 203 for your Hybrid Class.
Please use the provided disinfectant to clean the teacher station and computer keyboard prior to use.
This room is capable of both in-person and remote learning. You can use the video sources you would normally use in person for remote instruction. Follow the instructions below to initiate a Zoom conference.
- Log into the desktop computer and start your Zoom meeting.
- Use the touch panel to start the equipment in the “Software Codec Videoconferencing” Mode.
- The fixed camera/microphone will connect to Zoom automatically
Note: Microphone does provide in-room sound reinforcement
Note: The boundary microphone on the table will ALWAYS be on. In order to mute, you need to mute on the touch panel.
TO SHARE COMPUTER CONTENT (such as Powerpoint) with in-person and remote students simultaneously:
- In Zoom, click the “Share Screen” button and select “Screen 1” to share the computer screen. You may now launch any content you would like to show to in-person and remote students.
TO SHARE DOCUMENT CAMERA with in-person and remote students simultaneously:
- Click on “Share Screen” in Zoom, click on “Advanced” in the top bar, and select “Video from a 2nd Camera”. The document camera will now be shared.
TO SHARE HANDWRITING VIA THE WACOM GRAPHICS TABLET:
- In Zoom, click the “Share Screen” button.
- Select “Whiteboard” in the dialogue box.
- Use the stylus to write on the Wacom Graphics Tablet screen.
If REMOTE STUDENTS CAN’T HEAR You…
- - In Zoom, open the microphone menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that “Echo Cancelling Speakerphone(Extron MediaPort200 Speakerphone)” is selected as the microphone source.
If YOU CAN’T HEAR Remote Students…
- In Zoom, open the microphone menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that “Echo Cancelling Speakerphone(Extron MediaPort200 Speakerphone)” is selected as the speaker source.
- Use the volume on the touch panel to turn the volume of the in-room speakers up.
- Ensure that the computer volume is not muted/turned down (click the speaker icon in the lower right corner of the screen).
If REMOTE STUDENTS CAN’T SEE You…
- In Zoom, open the video menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that “Extron MediaPort 200” is selected as the video source.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.