*Please use the provided disinfectant to clean the teacher station and computer keyboard prior to use.
This room is capable of both in-person and remote learning. You can use the video sources you would normally use in person for remote instruction. Follow the instructions below to initiate a Zoom conference.
- Log into the desktop computer and start your Zoom meeting.
- Use the touch panel controller to start the audiovisual presentation equipment in “Software Codec Videoconferencing (Zoom) mode.
- Press “Mic Mute” and “Device Mute” on the touch panel to un-mute them.
- Select which camera you would like to present from the touch panel (Teacher, Student, or Document Camera). The document camera will replace your camera feed so your students will no longer be able to see you.
- The fixed camera/microphone will connect to Zoom automatically
Note: boundary microphone does provide in-room sound reinforcement
Note: microphones for students are in the back of the room
Note: a wireless option for the instructor is located on the charging base in the front of the room
TO SHARE COMPUTER CONTENT (such as Powerpoint) with in-person and remote students simultaneously:
- Zoom, click the “Share Screen” button and select “Screen 1” to share the computer screen. You may now launch any content you would like to show to in-person and remote students.
If REMOTE STUDENTS CAN’T HEAR You…
- In Zoom, open the microphone menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that “Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (Extron Mediaport 200 Speakerphone)” is selected as the microphone source.
If YOU CAN’T HEAR Remote Students…
- In Zoom, open the microphone menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that “Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (Extron Mediaport 200 Speakerphone)” is selected as the speaker source.
- Use the volume on the touch panel to turn the volume of the in-room speakers up.
- Ensure that the computer volume is not muted/turned down (click the speaker icon in the lower right corner of the screen).
If REMOTE STUDENTS CAN’T SEE You…
- In Zoom, open the video menu (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and ensure that “Extron MediaPort200” is selected as the video source.