MPSC Platteville Rooms - Hybrid Teaching Operations Guide
A guide to using the MPSC Platteville Rooms for your hybrid class
Please use the provided disinfectant to clean the teacher station
and computer keyboard prior to use.
This room is capable of both in person and remote learning. You can use the video sources you would normally use in person for remote instruction. The desktop microphone/speaker will provide the audio for your remote students and give you the ability to hear the remote students. Follow the instructions below to initiate a Zoom conference.
1) Log into the desktop computer and start the Zoom App
2) Use the control panel to start the audiovisual presentation equipment
3) The room audio system will connect to Zoom automatically
o The Zoom microphone is on the podium
o Note: the volume knob on the control panel can be used to set the volume of the incoming audio.
o Note: you may need to repeat in-room student questions so remote students hear it
4) The Zoom application will use the camera mounted on the computer monitor, or you can share the computer desktop
5) Select the screen sharing option in zoom to show the computer screen
o Advanced sharing option allows for video camera to be seen full screen
6) To end the session, end the Zoom call
7) Log off the computer
8) Use the touch panel to shut down the system
No audio on zoom – open the microphone popup (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and check to see if “Chat 150” is selected as the microphone source in zoom
No audio from remote students – open the microphone popup (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) and check to see if the computer is selected as the speaker source in zoom
No video – open the video popup (located on the bottom of the Zoom window) check to see if the “PTZOptics” is selected as video source
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.