Topics Map > Campus Services > Web
Pioneer Portal - Computer Lab Availability (Public Preview)
Shows current availability of labs on all our campuses.
Note: Currently requires the setting "Show Public Preview Features" to be enabled under "Checkout the latest Portal features"
Virtual Desktops allow anyone with a campus NetID to access campus software from anywhere via the internet--even from a mobile device. In addition to software, you will be able to access your USER (J :) and SHARED (S :) drives as if you were on a campus computer, making it a user-friendly and seamless alternative to Net Storage. You may also print to a local computer from the virtual lab. Follow these instructions to install and run the client that gives you access to virtual labs at UW-Platteville.
For more on Virtual Desktops FAQ.
Checking Computer Lab Availability
The main page of Computer Lab Availability lists out the three campuses in the right menu. Then it shows the computer labs by building. Each campus has buildings with the most popular general purpose computer labs expanded by default.
Understanding the lab tile
- Green Open Door: Lab is open
- Gray Closed Door: Lab is closed
- Window's logo: Lab has Windows computers
- Apple's logo: Lab has Apple computers
- Lab Usage Bar: Indicated the number of computers in use
- Details Button: Checkout the features, location, schedule, and application list of the lab
Note: Computer Labs are running at about two thirds capacity due to social distancing.
Computer Lab Details
- Applications in Lab: A comprehensive list of software in that lab.
- Lab Features: Indicates the big ticket features the lab offers like white board, projector, ... ect.
- Schedule: Shows the hours the lab is open. Schedule does rotate through the week.
- Map: Shows about where the lab is located on campus
A list of all software located on campus. You can search for a particular piece of software.
Finding Computer Labs with a Software
To find labs with a particular piece of software click the blue "Find Labs" button to see all the labs that have it.