Topics Map > Campus Services > Web conferencing
Zoom - Live Transcription
A step by step guide to enabling Live Transcription for Zoom meetings
How to turn on Zoom Captions:
- Login to your account at wisconsin-edu.zoom.us.
- Click on “Settings” on the left-hand side.
- Click “In Meeting (Advanced)”.
- Find “Closed Captioning” and turn it on.
- Check the box that says “enable live transcription service to show transcript on the side panel in-meeting.
Once you have turned captions on for your account, you can now turn captions on for your meeting.
- When Inside your meeting click on the “CC – Live Transcript” button on the toolbar.
- Click on “Enable Auto-Transcription”.
Each individual user will need to click on the “CC” button during the meeting and select “Show subtitles” in order to see them during the meeting.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.